General Info & FAQs
FAQ Links: Amenities | Ground Transportation | Local Area | Lost Bag/Lost Item | Parking |Security | Special Needs | Travel | Other Information
- What are the hours of operation for airport concessions and gift shops?
Airport Concessions Hours of Operation On Stage Restaurant (pre-security checkpoint) 4:30 am – 6:00 pm Mississippi Braves Sam Adams Kiosk (Post West Security Checkpoint) 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Sports Hall Café (Post East Security Checkpoint) 5:30 am – 7:00 pm Starbucks (pre-security checkpoint) 5:30 am – 4:00 pm Airport Gift Shops Hours of Operation Hudson News (pre and post security checkpoint) 5:00 am – 7:30 pm* Discover Mississippi (pre-security checkpoint) 5:00 am – 7:30 pm*
*times may vary due to changes in the flight schedules
- Does the airport offer Internet access?
Yes, the Airport does have wireless service available free of charge to all airport patrons.
- Do we have a currency exchange station?
No, we do not. Any currency exchange must be conducted by your local bank prior to travel.
- Where can I find an ATM?
There are three (3) ATM machines located in the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport. Two are located near the West Concourse entrance across from the On Stage Restaurant. Please note that these ATM machines are before you reach the security checkpoint. The third ATM machine is located in the East Concourse north across from the art gallery. Please note that this ATM is post screening.
- Does the airport offer luggage-storage facilities?
There are no lockers in the terminal. For security reasons, you must keep carry-on items with you at all times. Unattended baggage will be removed and may be impounded. Smarte Cartes are available, but cannot be taken past screening.
- Where can I smoke inside the airport?
Smoking is prohibited inside of the airport terminal. Smoking is only available outside the airport entrance in the designated smoking section which is located on the East end of the lower level.
- How can I find information on ground transportation options?
Taxi and sedan service are offered curb side daily from the first flight departure to the last flight arrival. Please click here for more information about ground transportation options at the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport.
- What hotels are near the airport and how do I reach them?
For a list of accommodations near the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport, please click here.
- Where can I get tourism information about Jackson, Mississippi and the surrounding areas?
Please visit the information center in the terminal, where visitor’s guides, maps and other literature are available. You may also want to click here to view the Mississippi Tourism website or click here to view the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau’s website.
LOST BAG/LOST ITEM
- Where do I go for lost baggage?
Lost baggage is the sole responsibility of the airline you are flying; therefore, they are to be contacted by the passenger about recovering luggage. If you are flying with Delta Airlines, they have a Baggage Office located on the west end of the lower lever of the main terminal building. All other airlines at JMWEIA maintain mishandled luggage at their ticket counter.
- If I lost something while traveling through the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport, who do I contact?
– For items lost at the airport, please click here and leave a detailed description of the item that is lost.
– For items lost at a security checkpoint, call the TSA lost and found line at 601-420-6945.
- What are the different types of parking facilities at the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport?Parking Garage: This is the nearest parking facility to the terminal building. Daily and hourly rates apply. It is the most convenient but expensive parking option. There is no time limit in this lot.Surface Lot: Offers easy access to terminal although it is further than the parking garage. Daily and hourly rates apply. It is less expensive than the parking garage and designed for travelers planning to leave their vehicle at the airport for more than two days.Long Term Lot: Is the most affordable parking option. Although it is further away from the building than the parking garage and surface lot, it is serviced with around-the-clock free shuttle service to the terminal. Daily rates apply. This lot is perfect for travelers planning to leave their vehicle at the airport for an extended period of time (three or more days).Free Waiting Area (commonly referred to as a Cell Phone Lot): Is located next to our old cargo facility. If you are waiting to pick up a passenger, you may sit in your parked car until the person arrives. Vehicles must be attended at all times.For parking fees and a locator map, click here.
- May I park, even for a few minutes, in front of the terminal?
No. Please do not park in front of the terminal. Because of heightened security measures, vehicles left unattended at the terminal curb will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense. However, you may park in our Free Waiting Area (commonly referred to as Cell Phone Lot).
- What items can I bring through the security line?
Most personal items can be carried through gate screening. There are prohibited items such as fire arms, knives and other objects. These items may be confiscated or result in law enforcement actions. Liquids and gels that are more than 3 ounces also are prohibited. For a list of prohibited items, please click here or call the TSA information line toll-free at 866-289-9673.
- What documents are needed to pass through a security checkpoint?
Airline-issued boarding passes are required for all passengers traveling through security checkpoints. Additionally, passengers age 18 and older must present photo identification, such as a passport, driver’s license or a military ID, issued by a local, state or federal government agency, or two forms of non-photo identification such as a Social Security card, one of which must have been issued by a state or federal agency. For more information, call the TSA Contact Center toll-free at (866) 289-9673 during the following hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. You may also e-mail TSA at ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- With the new security measures, may I still drop off a passenger for a flight?
You may continue to drop passengers off at the terminal curb side as long as the driver remains with the vehicle at all times. The vehicle should not be left unattended while in the designated loading and unloading areas. Vehicles are prohibited from parking in front of the terminal. Unattended vehicles left terminal curb side and any other illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed.
- What should I expect at the security checkpoint?
Recently, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has issued new procedures for screening passengers passing through security checkpoints. Prepare to remove shoes, coats, and other outer garments along with your purpose, backpack, etc. and place directly on the X-Ray belt. Eliminating bins could save minutes on the time it takes to process through the checkpoint.
If you have one, you also must remove your one quart-sized zip-lock bag of liquid, gel or aerosol products from your carry-on luggage and place directly on the X-Ray belt. TSA provides a complete list of permitted and prohibited items allowed through security checkpoints at www.tsa.gov.
- What may happen to my prohibited item at the security checkpoint?
According to TSA, you may be allowed to do the following: consult with the airlines for assistance in placing the prohibited item in checked baggage; withdraw with the item from the screening checkpoint; make other arrangements for the item, such as taking it to the car; or, voluntarily abandon the item. Items that are voluntarily abandoned cannot be recovered and will not be returned to you.
- I have an elderly person flying out that will need special assistance.
Special assistance for elderly and /or disabled passengers should be arranged directly with your airline in advance. Sky Caps are available on the terminal front for additional assistance.
- How do I request a wheelchair or other assistance for an elderly or disabled passenger or for a child traveling alone?
Please check with the airline that issued the ticket for the person who is traveling prior to your travel date and when you arrive at the terminal.
- What type of documentation is required for minors without a valid form of identification?
The airlines and Transportation Security Administration currently do not require a valid form of identification from passengers under the age of 18. Please visit www.tsa.gov for additional information on security screening.
- What is the contact information for the commercial airlines at the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport?
Please click here to obtain the commercial airlines’ contact information.
- How many carry-on items are allowed?
As a general rule two. Please limit your carry-on items to one carry-on bag plus one personal item, such as a laptop computer, purse, briefcase, or camera case. Check with your airline for size restrictions and other rules.
- How early should I arrive for my flight?
We suggest that you show up 1 ½ to 2 hours before your flight. This should give you enough time to park your vehicle, check-in with the airline carrier, and clear security check points. Also, the airline carriers will typically start boarding the airplane approximately 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight time.
- Do I have to pay for a checked bag?
It depends on which airline you fly. Some airlines have you pay for a checked bag while some only want you to pay for a second checked bag. Please check with your airline to see what their policy is on checked bags.
- How can I check on a flight’s status?
Flight Information Display Systems (FIDS) are located throughout the terminal and provide information about flight arrivals, departures, and gates. Click here to view the same information in real time on JMAA’s website. You may also contact the airline for information about a specific flight by calling the respective reservation number. You can view their contact information by clicking here.
- What time does the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport open?
The Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The security checkpoints and ticket counters open at various times. Please check with your specific airline or call JAN’s general information line at 601-939-5631 to check hours for particular operations.
- How can I meet or escort someone to or from their gate?
While generally prohibited, under certain circumstances airline ticket agents may issue gate passes to either escort someone to their gate or meet them at their gate when they arrive. If your party is an unaccompanied minor, in need of assistance because of a medical condition, or on active-duty in the U.S. military, you may request a gate pass from an agent at a ticket counter of the airline on which the passenger is flying. You will need to be screened just as a passenger would. Be sure you have the appropriate identification to show the screeners. Contact your airline if you have additional questions about obtaining a gate pass.
- How can I advertise my company in the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport?
You can do so by contacting Clear Channel Airports at (248) 359 – 6250 or by clicking here. Just ask to speak with someone about our advertising opportunities.
- How do I obtain additional information not found on the website?
For more information about the Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport, please contact us at (601) 939-5631. If you have a customer service-related question, please click here.
- How do I get information about the JMAA NAVIGATOR (volunteer) program?
Please click here.
- How do I apply for a job with the Jackson Municipal Airport Authority?
Please click here.
- What is the address of Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport and Hawkins Field?
Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport
100 International Drive, Suite 300
Jackson, MS 39208
- Jackson – Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport
PO Box 98109
Jackson, MS 39298
- Hawkins Field
West Ramp Road
Jackson, MS 39209